Vazhakka( raw plantain) moru(curd) curry is a popular curry which goes well along with rice. This is very simple to make and good to know in case you need to prepare something quick for the surprise guests.
What You Need For Moru Curry:
- Raw banana-1 chopped into cubes
- Coconut-1/2 - cut into small pieces
- Green chilli-3 0 chopped fine
- Turmeric powder-A pinch
- Chilli powder-1/2tbsp
- Pepper Powder-1 tbsp
- Curd-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds-1tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves-a few leaves
- Red chilli-2
The preparation method:
- Boil the vazhakka/raw plantain along with turmeric,pepper, red chilli powders and salt.
- Once the vegetable is well cooked , add curd and cook for some more time.
- Meantime,grind coconut,cumin and green chilli with little water.
- Add this grinded contents to the pan and cook for some more time.
- Now for seasoning, splutter mustard seeds and fry fenugreek seeds,red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to our curry and stir well.
- Quick and easy vazhakka moru curry is ready to be served with rice.