What you need for arrow root/Koova payasam:
- Arrow root powder - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Banana - 2
- Jaggery -6 pieces
- Cashew - 3
- Raisins - 4
- Cardamom - 2
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
The preparation method:
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan.Fry cashew,raisins and coconut till they turn slightly golden brown.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with enough water and add it to the pan.
- When the mixture starts boiling, add melted jaggery pieces.
- Add banana pieces and cardamom powder.
- Continue boiling till it starts to get a viscous consistency.
- you have to be extremely careful at this time if you want to get the perfect consistency.
- if you want jelly like pieces that could be cut, continue the boiling for a few more minutes.otherwise stop at the viscous consistency.it will harden further when it cools.
- Tasty Arrow Root / Koova Payasam is ready to be relished.