The Chettinadu region in south Tamilnadu is renowned for its spicy and yummy non-vegetarian dishes.Chettinadu pepper chicken curry is one of its finest recipes.
What you need for pepper chicken curry:
- Chicken-1/2 kg - cut into small pieces
- Onion-2 finely chopped
- Green chilli-4 slit
- Tomato-3 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste-11/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Coriander powder-2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Cumin powder-!/2 tbsp
- Whole garam masala-1 each
- Crushed pepper-11/2 tbsp
- Cumin-1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seed-1/2
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat some oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and crack cumin seeds.
- Add whole garam masala(cardamom,cloves,cinnamon and bay leaves).
- Sauté finely chopped onions along with desired salt and cook till they are golden brown.
- Add little turmeric,ginger garlic paste ,chopped green chilli and curry leaves.
- Once this mixture get cooked add chopped tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add chilli powder,coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken.pieces to this masala mix.Close the pan with a lid. There is no need to add water.The water oozing our of chicken is enough for the cooking.
- Cook till the chicken is well done.
- Add crushed pepper and stir well.Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- The famous spicy Chettinadu pepper chicken is ready to be served hot with rice or roti.