Vendakka/ Ladies Finger Puli is a tangy curry which is goes very well with hot rice. The tangy taste will linger in your tongue for a quite some time.
What you need for Vendakka puli:
- Vendakka / ladies finger-10
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Green chilli-2 slit
- Garlic-4 pods
- Ginger-1 piece chopped fine
- Curry leaves-few
- Tomato-2 chopped fine
- Tamarind-1 small ball soaked in water
- Home made powder-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Panchpooran (or mixture of mustard,fennel,fenugreek,sesame seeds)-1 tbsp
- Hing-a pinch
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat some oil in a pan and splutter panchpooran(mixture of mustard,fennel,fenugreek,sesame seeds) seeds.
- Fry chopped ginger,garlic,curry leaves and green chilli.
- Sauté chopped onion till they turn golden brown and add the vendakka
- Add the chopped tomato pieces and cook till they are well done.
- Add turmeric powder and home made masala powder(made of coriander and red chilli powder) and cook till the masala is well mixed with the rest.
- Add the water in which the tamarind was soaked and squeeze the tamarind till it becomes dry.Cook for some more time in a low flame.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Hot and spicy vendakka puli is ready to be served with rice.