Pathiri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathiri) is a very popular dish of Kerala Muslims. This is very healthy dish as very little oil is used in the preparation and is made entirely with rice flour.
What you need for Pathiri:
- Rice powder (roasted) - 1cup
- Water - 1cup
- Coconut oil -1tbsp
- Salt to taste
The Preparation method:
- Boil 1 cup of water with 1 tbsp coconut oil and little salt.
- When it boils, add rice powder slowly and stirring continuously.Switch off the stove and transfer the contents to a vessel which is big enough to knead.Allow it to cool for a while and start kneading the dough when it is warm.
- Knead well using both hands.That is the only way you will get soft pathiris. Make lemon sized ball from the dough.
- Using each ball make pathiris in the same manner as we do it for chapati using chapati roller.
- Heat a tawa on medium flame. When it is hot enough place pathiri on it.After few seconds you can see that steam comes through it.Soon turned the pathiri.Again turned it and pathiri will puffs up.Remove it from the tawa.
- Serve with chicken/mutton curry.