This is a variation of the Kerala Chicken Roast but just as tasty as the original.
What you need for Kerala chicken Roast - 2 :
- Chicken - 250 gm
- Shallots - 20
- Curry leaves - few
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilli -2 slit
- Pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Coriander leaves - few
- Vinegar -2 drops
- Cumin- 1/2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder,chilli powder,ginger garlic paste,coriander powder and salt.Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter cumin seed.Add shallots,grated coconut,salt and curry leaves.
- Saute well.Add marinated chicken pieces in to it.Close the lid and cook for 5 to 10 mins with out adding water.
- Add pepper powder,green chilli and garam masala.mix well.
- Cook for few more minutes.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tasty chicken roast is ready to be served with rice or chapathi.