What You need for Pazhampori
- Ripe Banana(Ethakka/Nentrapazham)-1 (not the yellow or green banana)
- Maida/Plain flour-1 cup
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- Salt a pinch
The preparation method:
- Slit the ripe bananas length-wise.Make sure the banana cuts are long and thin(as shown in the picture).
- .Make a paste of the maida flour,sugar,salt by adding little water.Make sure the paste is neither too watery nor too stiff.Optionally,add cardamom for that extra flavour.
- Heat enough in a kadai or pan such that the banana piece could completely immerse in it.This is to ensure that the fritter is well fried on all directions( this is not one of heart-friendly snacks).
- Dip a cut banana piece into our paste such that it is completely coated and drop into the hot oil. Fry till the coating turns brown and place it on a tissue paper so that the at least little oil is seeps away.
- Yummy and delicious