Bottle Gourd Pulissery is a Kerala speciality dish which is quite tasty and easy to make. This goes very well with rice.Try this out when you get bored with the normal sambhar or curry.
What you need for Bottle Gourd Pulissery:
- Bottle gourd - 1/2
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Curd - 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Green chili - 3
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal - 1/2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt - to taste
The preparation method:
- Grind and make a fine paste of green chilli,garlic,cumin seed and coconut by adding little water.Keep aside.
- Scrape the outer skin of Bottle gourd and cut into cubes.
- Boil Bottle gourd, Turmeric powder, Salt with water in a pan.
- Once the Bottle gourd is almost cooked, add the ground paste and cook for 10 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Then reduce the heat to low and add the beaten Curd. Mix well and remove from heat once the curd is just warm. Do not let this boil.
- Heat Oil in another pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, Once it starts spluttering add Fenugreek seeds and Curry leaves. Remove from heat and pour this mix to the curry.
- Yummy Bottle Gourd Pulissery is ready to be served with rice.