Kadai Paneer is a healthy, nutritious, protein-rich and almost fat-free Indian curry that will leave you satisfied at the end of your meal.This is simple yet tasty Paneer recipe that won't take hours of preparation, and which you can savor with Indian Bread or Rice
What you need for Kadai Paneer:
- Paneer - cut into cubes
- Onions – 2 big chopped fine length-wise
- Bell pepper (capsicum) -2 chopped into medium-sized pieces
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Salt – as required.
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Fried cashew nuts – 10 (optional)
- Garlic – 5
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Green chillies – 2 (as per spice level)
- Red chillies – 1 (as per spice level)
- Tomatoes – 5 (cut into cubes)
The preparation method:
- Grind the ginger,garlic,green chilli,red chilli and tomatoes together in a blender and keep aside.
- Slightly roast it the paneer in a pan with little oil until golden color. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same ‘Kadai’ / pan heat some more butter, add sliced onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add bell pepper and stir well.
- Sprinkle coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Remove this from kadai and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the same kadai and fry ground paste stirring constantly till moister is absorbed.
- Add salt, sugar, and stir till oil floats on top.
- Mix paneer pieces to this gently.
- Add very little water and cook for few minutes in reduced flame.
- Add fried onions, bell pepper and mix gently. Allow to cook for couple of minutes more.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts and serve hot with Indian bread !
- This is a dry dish.Add some extra water while preparing if you need more gravy.