What you need for Dal Mulakooshyam:
- Dal-1 cup soaked in water
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Tomato-2 chopped fine
- Green chilli-2 chopped
- Red chilli-2
- Garlic-4 pods
- Curry leaves-few
- Tamarind-1 small ball
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Pressure cook daal with salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder,tamarind extract,onion,green chilli and tomato.
- Crush garlic,shallots and red chilli in to pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds,fry curry leaves and crushed ingredients from above and dry red chillies.
- Saute for some time and add this mixture in to the daal.
- Tasty and Healthy Dal Mulakooshyam is ready to be served hot with rice and chappathi.