Mezhukkuparatti literally means coated with oil. Kaya (Raw Plantain) Payar(Long Beans) Mezhukkuparatti is a tasty Kerala veg dish. We made this healthier by adding little olive oil and cooking the vegetables just right.
What you need for Kaya Payar Mezhukkupuratti:
- Kaya/Raw Plantain-3 chopped
- Payar/Long Beans-1/4 kg chopped
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Green chilli-2 slit
- Mustard-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onion,green chilli ,curry leaves and salt.
- Saute till the onions till they turn transparent and then add kaya,payar and turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle little water and allow the vegetables to cook.
- Switch off the gas after the vegetable are well cooked
- Yummy and easy Kaya Payar Mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve with rice.