The Carrot Bean Poriyal / fry is a simple and goes well with rice as a side dish. In marriage feast, they would serve it in the corner of the banana leaf as one of side dishes. Its good for health, good in taste and good in simplicity too! :)
What you need for Carrot Beans Poriyal:
- Carrot-2 chopped fine
- Beans-1/4 kg chopped fine
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Green chilli-2 slit
- Curry leaves-few
- Garlic-1 pod chopped fine
- Red chilli-2
- Chana dal-1 tbsp
- Mustard seed-1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Fry the chana dal and red chilli.
- Add onion,green chilli,garlic, curry leaves and salt
- Saute till the onions are transparent
- Add the carrot and beans.Sprinkle little water and allow them to cook till they are done.
- Easy and tasty Carrot Beans Poriyal is ready to be served with rice.