Methi Leaves (Vendhaya Keerai) Sambhar is a easy to cook sambhar which will help your body get some much needed iron and a different tasting sambhar to your tongue.What you need to prepare Methi Leaves Sambhar:
- Methi leaves - 1 bunch
- Toor dal - 1 cup cooked
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Tamarind extract - 1 cup
- Sambhar powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tbsp
- Jeera - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt - as reqd
The preparation method :
- Remove the methi leaves from the stem , clean it and keep it aside.
- In a kadai add oil,splutter mustard seeds, crackle jeera. Add onions and sauté till the onions turn transparent.
- Add tomatoes,methi leaves and sauté well.
- then add sambhar powder,salt,tamarind juice and allow it to boil
- then add cooked toor dal,allow it to cook well till it gets thicker.
- Tasty and healthy Methi Leaves Sambhar is ready to be served hot with rice or idli/dosa.