Vendakka Pachadi means fried ladies finger in yoghurt. It is an excellent side-dish for rice and curry.
What you need for Vendakka Pachadi:
- Vendakka/Ladies finger -10 to12 - chopped fine
- Curd-1 cup
- Mustard seed-1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seed-1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli-2
- Chana daal-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Hing-a pinch
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds. Add chana dal,cumin seeds,red chilli and curry leaves. Fry till chana turns brown and cumin seeds crackle.
- Add the chopped vendakka/ladies finger and saute till the ladies finger is well done.
- Switch off the gas and let the vendakka/ladies finger cool down.
- Add curd and salt before serving. Mix well.
- Tasty Vendakka/Ladies finger pachadi is ready to be served with rice and curry.