It is a well known fact that Paalak or spinach is packed with nutrients for our health and so is chicken.Imagine the double impact when paalak and chicken meet each other.Introducing one more of the innumerable avatars of chicken curry....
What you need for Palak Chicken Curry:
- Chicken -1/2 kg
- Paalak-1 cup
- Coriander leaves -1/2 cup
- Curd-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Clean the Paalak leaves and drop them into boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- Take the boiled leaves out and grind them into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute chopped onion till golden brown. Add garlic ginger paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add chicken, all the powders, slit green chillies,salt , coriander leaves and curd.
- Use 1/2 cup or more water for cooking. Cook until the chicken is done.
- Add ground paalak paste. Boil for few minutes on a low flame(boiling too much may change the green color of the curry)
- Tasty and healthy Paalak Chicken is ready to be served hot with rice or any Indian bread.