Semiya/Vermicilli Upma is an easy, tasty and light South Indian breakfast dish which is one of our favorite as it is easy to fix on a weekend morning :-)
What you need for Semiya Upma:
- Semiya-1 1/2 cup
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Tomato-1 chopped fine
- Ginger-1 piece chopped fine
- Green chilli-1 slit
- Curry leaves-few
- Mustard seed-1/2 tbsp
- Chana dal-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Fry the semiya (either dry or in a little oil) in a pan over a low flame(make sure they don't get burnt).
- Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seed and chana daal.
- Add the chopped onion,ginger ,green chilli curry leaves and salt.
- Saute till the onions are transparent then add tomato.
- Add water and allow them to boil.
- Add semiya and allow them to cook.
- Yummy Semiya Upma is ready to be served for breakfast.