Aloo Methi is a popular North Indian recipe usually served with hot rotis. This is also a very healthy dish.
What you need for Aloo Methi:
- Fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves - 1 1/2 (cleaned, washed and finely chopped)
- Potato/ aloo - 2-3 medium peeled and cut into small cubes
- Tomato -1 medium chopped
- Garlic - 2 (crushed)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies - 2 slit
- Salt To Taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds are done,add the chopped onion. Saute till onions turn slightly brown.
- Add salt,slit green chilies,turmeric, chilli , coriander , garam masala powder and chopped tomatos.Sauté for a moment.
- Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
- Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done and till water is fully absorbed.
- Serve the Aloo Methi hot with chapati or paratha.