Shahi paneer is a rich,thick and creamy sauce which goes well with any Indian bread.
What you need to prepare Shahi Paneer:
- Paneer - 250 gms cubed
- Chopped onion - 1
- Whole garam masala -1 piece of cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,bay leaves
- Jeera/cumin- 1 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paster - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Almond - 10 pieces
- Sugar - to taste
- Salt - to taste
The preparation method:
- Make a paste of almonds with water.Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add whole garam pieces.
- Add jeera and fry till they crackle.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn transparent(ensure there are no big pieces and the onions are dissolved).
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for some more time.
- Add pepper powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add the almond paste and water.Bring it to boil.
- Cook till the raw taste of almond goes away.
- Add a pinch of sugar and paneer.
- Cook till paneer are cooked and add the cream.
- Rich and creamy Shahi Paneer is ready to be served hot with Indian bread.