A chicken dish for those who like the aromatic flavour of coriander....
What you need for Coriander Chicken:
- Chicken-1/2 kg - chopped into small pieces
- Coriander leaves-1 bunch
- Coriander seeds-3 tbsp
- Green chilli-3
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts-8
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - few
The Preparation method:
- Grind coriander leaves,green chillies,curry leaves and cashews into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in the kadai and crackle cumin seeds. Add crushed coriander seeds and small onions.
- Sauté for a short while and add ginger-garlic paste. Add turmeric powder.
- Sauté for some time and then add the coriander paste(made in step 1). Keep stirring so that it doesn't get burnt.Add the required salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till the time you see oil oozing out.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Add the yoghurt. Cover the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Switch off the gas once the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Get ready to serve and enjoy the tasty Coriander Chicken.