Chana Dal Pavakka/bitter gourd is an unique dish for those who don't like the bitterness of bitter gourd. Try this out for a change...
What you need for Chana Dal Pavakka :
- Bitter gourd-2 chopped
- Chana daal -1 cup
- Onion-1 chopped
- Green chilli-3
- Mustard seeds-1tbsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Pressure cook the chana daal and paavakka with little water,salt and turmeric powder for 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.Add chopped onion ,slit green chilli and curry leaves. Sauté till the onions turn slightly translucent.
- Add the pressure-cooked chana daal and pavakka into this.
- Cook till the water drains off.
- A different bitter gourd dish is ready to be served with rice.