What you need to prepare Badam Halwa :
- Badam(Almond) - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Milk - 3 cups
- Optional - Food color- yellow - a pinch
- Optional - Saffron strands - few
The Preparation Method:
- Soak badam in warm water for 2- 3 hours. Now peal the skin and grind it in mixie into a paste(not so smooth) by adding little milk to it.
- Take the ground paste, the remaining milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed vessel or a nonstick pan. Keep stirring it in medium flame till it becomes slight thick.
- Once it reaches thick consistency, add the food color and ghee and stir for just two mins till it all blends. Now switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Even of the consistency is lose, it would automatically become thick once it cools down. Top it with saffron strands.
- Yummy home made Badam Halwa is ready to eat.