Coriander is considered as one of the versatile spices/herb and is used liberally in all dishes.Posting a healthy tasty coriander rice dish which we enjoy relishing.
What you need to prepare Coriander Rice:
- Cooked rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup chopped
- Ginger - 1 piece chopped
- Green chillies – 2 slit
- Cashew nuts-5
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – few.
- Salt to taste.
- Grind coriander leaves, 1 green chilli, and ginger without water into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add onions, 1 green chilli, curry leaves, cashews ,asafoetida and saute them till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the coriander paste, salt and mix well.Cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Yummy and easy coriander rice is ready to be served with pickle or salad.