What you need for Moong Daal Payasam:
- Moong daal - 2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 kg
- Thin Coconut milk - 1 litre ( watered-down coconut milk)
- Thick Coconut milk - 1/4 litre
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- cardamom - 3
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
The preparation method:
- Dry fry the moong daal till it is golden brown.
- Then add watered-down coconut milk and boil.(Use grated coconut to extract coconut milk or ready made one. add water to thin it down.)
- Allow the daal to cook.Keep stirring otherwise it will burn.
- When the daal is well cooked , add melted jaggery and cardamom.
- Finally add thick coconut milk and boil for few more minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry raisin,and cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Tasty Moong Daal Payasam is ready to be enjoyed.