What you need for Onion chutney:
- Small onion-12
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Garlic-2 pods
- Coriander leaves-few
- Curry leaves-few
- Red chilli or chilli powder -3 nos or 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions,ginger,garlic and red chilli or chilli powder.
- Sauté till the onions turn slightly brown then add tomato,curry leaves ,coriander leaves and salt.
- Switch of the gas when tomato is well cooked.
- Allow it to cool then grind well.
- Yummy and tasty onion chutney is ready to be served with idli or dosa.