Apart from adding the lovely green color to the chutney, the mint or pudina it makes you feel fresh and helps digestion.This Mint-Coconut chutney recipe is a very quick and easy recipe which goes excellent with dosa and idli.
What you need for Mint-Coconut Chutney:
- Pudina (mint) - 1 big bunch
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Tamarind extract - 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies - 5 nos
- Ginger - 1 short piece (about 5 gms)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly - 2
- Curry leaves - a few
The preparation method:
- Place all ingredients , except salt in a pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cool and grind to smooth paste in a mixer bowl. Add salt to taste. Check for tanginess, if less add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil and crackle mustard seeds,red chillies and curry leaves. Add in.
- This tasty Pudina-Coconut chutney goes great hot dosas and idlis.