Sometimes simple recipes are more tasty than complicated ones!!! This curry is a simple combination of red gram and pumpkin which can be enjoyed with just curd rice and pickle…
What you need for pumpkin redgram curry:
- Pumpkin-1/2 piece
- Red gram-1 cup soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Small onion-5
- Red chilli-3 crushed
- Curry leaves-few
- sugar-1 tbsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles the soaked red gram by adding salt and enough water to cover.
- Then add pumpkin pieces to the cooked beans and again pressure cook it(2 whistles).
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai.Add crushed onion and saute them.Now add the crushed red chilly and curry leaves and saute them together till the raw smell goes.
- When done add the cooked red beans and pumpkin to this onion mix and stir well
- Add enough water for the gravy
- If the pumpkin is not ripe enough u can add pinch sugar ..It will add to the taste.Check the salt .Bring to boil.Slightly mash the pumpkin.
- Easy and tasty Redgram Pumpkin curry is ready to be served with rice.