What you need for rava dosa:
- Rava-1 cup
- Rice flour-1 cup
- Maida-1/2 cup
- Ginger-1 piece
- Green chilli-2 chopped
- Crushed pepper-1tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Mix the rice flour, maida and rava and add water and salt to it. The batter should be watery and flowing(not like the normal dosa batter).
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when it splutters add onions and other ingredients .Fry for 2 minutes till the onion turns transparent. Add this to the rava batter.
- Heat the tawa (the tawa should be very hot while u are pouring the batter) and take one ladleful of batter and spread on the tawa starting from the sides and finishing off in the middle as rava dosa cannot be spreaded like ordinary dosa. Drizzle ½ tsp of oil and ¼ tsp of ghee on the sides. When it becomes golden brown turn it over.
- Alternatively,drop the batter to the tawa with hand.
- Yummy rava dosa is ready to be served with sambhar or chutney.