What you need for snake gourd kootu:
- Snake gourd-1
- Moong daal-1 cup
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Green chilli-2
- Cumin-1/2 tbsp
- Coconut-1/2 shell
- Small onion-4
- Curry leaves-few
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli-1
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Cut the snake gourd in to small pieces.
- Pressure cook the moong daal and snake gourd with salt ,turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Grind the coconut with green chilli and cumin.
- Pour the grinded mixture in to the cooked daal.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seed,small onion,red chilli and curry leaves and pour in to the curry.
- Healthy and tasty Snake Gourd kootu is ready to be served with rice or chapatti.