A soya nuggets / chunks curry with potato tastes is a healthy substitute for a non-veg curry , both in terms of taste and nutrition. Allow the curry to rest for an hour or so, for all the flavors to settle in.
What you need to prepare Soya chunk curry:
- Soya chunks (nuggets) - 2 cups
- Tomatoes - 3 big sized
- Green chillies - 3 long
- Onion - 1 big
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Soak soya chunks in hot waterwith salt for 15 min.
- While it soaks cut the tomatoes and onions and green chilles and dhania patta and keep it aside
- Squeeze the chunks out of water.
- Take kadai and place it on gas.add oil in it.
- Put jeera and then add onions and fry til golden and then add ginger-garlic paste , tomatoes and green chillies when slightly done add salt turmeric , chiili powder and let it cook till tomatoes are done.
- Now add the soya chunks, mix it well and close the lid and let it cook in sim for 5 min and then switch off the gas.you may add 2-3 tbsp of water before closing the lid.
- Tasty and healthy Soya chunk curry is ready to be served with rice or roti.