Our tribute to the London 2012 Olympics !
What you need to make Olympic Rings aka Onion Rings :
- Onion - 1 large
- Plain flour or Maida - 1 cup
- Corn flour - 1/2 cup
- Breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Pepper powder/ red chilli powder - to taste as per spice tolerance
- Salt to taste
The preparation method :
- Mix plain flour,corn flour,salt,baking soda,bread crumbs and red chilli / pepper powder make the batter by adding little water.
- Cut onion into ring shape and seperate the rings.
- Dip the rings in batter and deep fry it.
- The addition of bread crumbs will ensure the rings is crispy in nature.
- Serve the onions rings as accompaniment to tea or coffee while watching the Olympics.