Banana halwa is prepared used extra ripe plantain. This is also known as Nenthra Pazham halwa in Kerala and is a popular dessert in Kerala.
What you need for Banana Halwa:
- Ripe plantain – 2
- Sugar /Jaggery – 1 cup / 5 pieces
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cardamoms – 4
- Milk- 1 cup
- Cashew nuts-5 to 6 no
The preparation method:
- Cut plantains into 2 pieces and place them in a steamer and steam till banana is well cooked.
- Remove the skin and black seeds in the center.
- Mash the bananas to a paste .
- In a heavy bottom pan add milk and banana mashed up till the milk is fully evaporated.If you are using sugar , add sugar while boiling the milk.if you are using jaggery,then add jaggery syrup when the milk has evaporated.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Then add ghee and cook till halwa is leaving sides and brown in color.
- Grease a vessel with ghee and pour the halwa mixture and decorate with cashew nuts.
- Allow it to cool.Banana halwa is ready to be served as a dessert.