Semiya(Vermicelli) and Rava(Semolina) Upma is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish.Usually Semiya and Rava on its own is enough to make upma.To make things interesting , we decided to combine Semiya and Rava upma.
- Semiya/vermicelli-1 cup
- Rava/semolina-1/2 cup
- Onion-1 chopped fine
- Ginger- 1 piece chopped fine
- Green chilli-2 chopped fine
- Chana dal-1 tbsp
- Mustard seed-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Dry roast semiya and rava together till they turn slightly brown.Spread it on a wide plate and allow it to cool.
- Heat some oil in a wide pan and splutter mustard seeds.Fry chana dal,cashew nuts,curry leaves,chilli and ginger for a while.
- Add chopped onions and sauté them till they turn slighty brown.
- Add some water and salt.Allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the roasted semiya and rava to this and keep stirring till the rava and semiya are well cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Semiya and Rava Upma is ready to served on your breakfast table.