What You need for Vazhakka poriyal:
- Raw banana-2 cut into small pieces
- Small onion/Shallot-10
- Coconut-10 pieces
- Green chilli-1
- Curry leaves-few leaves
- Cumin-1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seed-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Red chilli - 1
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.Add finely chopped onions,red chilli ,curry leaves and saute for a while.
- Add the raw banana,salt,turmeric powder and cook them for a while.
- Grind coarsely the coconut with green chilli,cumin.small onion and curry leaves.
- Add this grinded mixture to the pan when the raw banana is almost cooked.
- Cook till the raw banana is well cooked.
- Vazhakka poriyal is ready to be served hot with rice.