Coriander coconut chutney is a good classic example of an irresistible chutney that is easy to prepare, nutritious and flavourful. This chutney goes great with Idli or Kozhukattai.
What you need to prepare Coriander Coconut chutney:
- Coconut - 1 cup chopped
- Chana dal - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - a bunch
- Green Chilli - 2 slit
- Red Chilli - 1 broken
- Garlic - 1 pod
- Ginger - a small piece - chopped fine
- Curry Leaves - a few
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Grind the chopped coconut,ginger,garlic,chilli,chana dal,coriander leaves and salt in a blender till it turns into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Add some oil to a pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the red chilli and curry leaves. Fry for half a minute and switch off the gas.
- Add this to the grinded chutney and mix well.
- Spicy and tasty Coriander Coconut chutney is ready to be served with Idli,dosa or Kozhukattai.