Another variety rice recipe which can be made in quick time...
What you need for Mint rice:
- Cooked Rice – 2cups
- Mint Leaves / Pudhina – 1 cup
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Garlic – 3 pods
- Ginger -1 piece
- Green Chilli – 3
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nut (fried) – 6 piece
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Cardamom – 4
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves -3
- Star anise-2
- Salt to taste
The preparation method:
- Boil the rice and keep it aside.
- Grind mint leaves ,ginger ,garlic ,coconut and green chilli together.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds and fry urad daal & chana daal till slightly brown.
- Add whole garam masalas (cinnamon,bayleaf,star anise,clove,and cardamom)
- Add onion along with salt and saute till its brown color.
- Then add the grounded mixture (from step 2) in to it.
- Fry until the mint paste changes color from bright green to light-green color. Take care not to burn/brown the masala paste.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Finally add fried cashewnuts and mix well.switch off the gas.
- Mint rice is ready to be served with raita.